This is a quick way to both expand and enrich the scope of the site, as well as generate new questions.
This is also related to the Stack Improvement Drive. Right now, the sites Qs/day is a down to around 7-8, but I think we can work on upping that number. The goal is to get the Qs/day up to 15 by the end of January 2013.
How it works: One topic will be designated each week. Each person who asks a question relating to that topic will be eligible to win a prize. The current topic is listed below.
How to enter: Ask a question relating to the topic of the week, and tag it accordingly. Each question you ask will get you one entry into a random drawing to win one of the following prizes:
- If your country is regularly serviced by an online Amazon store without exorbitant shipping costs, you can choose an item of your choice (under $50 USD)
- If your country is not serviced by an online Amazon store, you will receive a UX.SE and Stack Exchange swag package of exclusive merchandise.
The difference in prizes is due to the difference in cost for us to ship to various parts of the world.
The question must have a score of 0 or greater and not be closed or deleted to be eligible. Users may only win once in a four week period.
Choosing the topic of the week: If you have suggestions for a future topic, please leave them as answers to this post. Topics must be trackable with a tag, and that tag should have a tag wiki filled out.
Current Topic: navigation
Any questions correctly tagged navigation will be eligible for the prize. Questions posted before Monday, February 11, 2012 at 5 AM UTC will be eligible. Winners will be picked and notified on Mondays at approximately 2 PM UTC.
- Dec. 12th: janoChen - user behavior question
- Dec. 19th: redhotspike - mobile question
- Dec. 26th: Benny Skogberg - information architecture question
- Jan. 2nd: Benny Skogberg - accessibility question
- Jan. 9th: Tims - hci question
- Jan. 21st: Riyaz Mohammed Ibrahim - physical question
- Jan. 28th: Uri - gui-design question
- Feb. 4th: Mark D - web app question