There has been significant discussion on the scope of this site as it relates to UI and UX, and also the SE 1.0 UX Exchange.
(and I think I've seen a couple others in the past that I'm not finding now)
Based on the discussions that have occurred and support for taking action, here's what we're planning to do and what you need to know:
- Put both UI Stack Exchange and UX Exchange into read-only mode.
- Import top questions (and their associated answers obviously) from UX Exchange. We have learned from past experiences that migrating old content in from SE 1.0 sites does not go well for a number of reasons. So, we'll be doing a "best-of" import of questions.
- User accounts will not be imported from UX Exchange. However, if you have an account on UX Exchange and UI Stack Exchange, make sure that your display name, open id, and email match on both sites. If a post of yours is imported, and an existing account on
UIUX Stack Exchange is found, you will be granted ownership of the post. This is so much easier to do as part of the import process rather than after the fact, so please make sure your account details match now!
- We will then perform a site-wide reputation recalc. This will grant reputation to anyone from item #3.
- We will update the logo and descriptions to reflect UX instead of UI (welcome banner, how to ask, faq, etc)
- Point uxexchange.com here and provide a data dump of the SE 1.0 site if desired?
- Turn off read-only mode on UX Stack Exchange.
UX Exchange users - if you are interested in coming over to the UX Stack Exchange, please create your account with matching display name, open id and email now before we do anything!
We are looking to make this happen next Wednesday or Thursday.