I am casually interested in user interface of software.
The quotes I like:
The best user interface is no user interface.
(I do not know the source. I remember that I had read this in “About Face: The Essentials of User Interface Design” by Alan Cooper (Wiley, 1995) but I do not know if this is his invention.)
When you don’t create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. Your tastes only narrow & exclude people. So create.
(By why the lucky stiff, the Ruby legend; see an impressive exposition by Jin Yang.)
Member for 8 years, 11 months
1 profile view
Last seen Aug 20 '11 at 22:15
- Japanese Language 28.3k 28.3k 22 gold badges7070 silver badges129129 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 15.1k 15.1k 22 gold badges4848 silver badges102102 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 4.4k 4.4k 44 gold badges2525 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Computer Science 2.3k 2.3k 1414 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.7k 1.7k 1515 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 144 Why is “cannot” spelled as one word?
- 99 "log in to" or "log into" or "login to"
- 62 Distinguish close votes by reason
- 58 Is it acceptable to extend results from an arXiv paper that has not appeared in a journal?
- 55 How important is knowing how to program for TCS?
- 41 Should I use "everyone's", "everyones'" or "everyones"?
- 38 Did ありがとう come from Portuguese "obrigado"?
- View more network posts →