Team Lead/Architect/Software Engineer at Hewlett Packard.
Game development background in coding, game design, level design, and user interface/usability. Also 3d modeling if required.
Worked with Valve Software for a few years when the mod team I was part of (Day of Defeat) got bought.
Spent 13 years working on oceanographic research ships developing software for real time data acquisition, display and management.
Computer Science degree that's so old I can say I have taken a class in Cobol :)
Have presented at GDC and other conferences on the use of games, game technologies and game concepts for non-entertainment applications such as education, simulation and visualization.
Member for 9 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 22 at 17:59
- Game Development 10.2k 10.2k 11 gold badge2626 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 319 319 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- User Experience 274 274 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Arqade 261 261 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 226 Is it good style to explicitly return in Ruby?
- 81 Water/Ocean simulation and physics
- 59 Lag compensation with networked 2D games
- 40 How to deal with (bad?) player suggestions
- 38 How to create a hexagon world map in PHP from a database for a browser based strategy game
- 30 Reasons to disable game save during combat (e.g. Mass Effect 2)
- 26 Is it unethical to make a game AI that is secretly non-competitive?
- View more network posts →