I work in transportation human factors engineering and research for land, sea, and air. My work in usability/UX includes user interface design, design guide development, empirical testing, and expert evaluation. My human factors research focuses on automation, displays, and security and safety processes. I've advanced degrees in engineering and psychology and been working in the field since 1995. My contributions to this site are my personal opinion and do not represent the policies or position of my employer or any of its associated agencies. Not that anyone was wondering.
Member for 10 years
21 profile views
Last seen Jul 16 '15 at 12:22
- User Experience 34.7k 34.7k 44 gold badges5353 silver badges9696 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.5k 4.5k 1111 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 256 256 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Graphic Design 211 211 11 silver badge22 bronze badges
- Psychology & Neuroscience 146 146 44 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 237 When to use icons vs. icons with text vs. just text links?
- 126 "Your" vs "My" in user interfaces
- 124 Why are radio buttons circles?
- 120 How Do I Avoid Users Becoming Numb to Warnings?
- 97 Why do Radio Buttons not fill the entire outer circle?
- 66 Should checkbox labels be to the right or the left?
- 55 Why did the mouse beat the light pen, paddle, and other pointing devices?
- View more network posts →