I'm a UX specialist investigating analysis and design of multi-user interaction. I specialize in design of CLIs and GUIs for use by programmers, QEs, and release engineers.
My doctoral work centered around using discourse analysis techniques to understand design requirements for groupware. I am currently employed helping to design a complex versioning/building/testing system.
In my spare time, I write science fiction; my first novel Duplicate is available as an eBook, paperback, or hardcover. My second novel, We Were Gods is also available as an eBook or paperback. Yes, there's a fair amount of programming and user experience in each of them. ;)
My statements on these websites are not official statements from any employer of mine.
Member for 9 years, 9 months
5 profile views
Last seen May 25 '18 at 14:05
- User Experience 6.2k 6.2k 1919 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 5.6k 5.6k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.7k 4.7k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 3.4k 3.4k 44 gold badges2222 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Gardening & Landscaping 1.2k 1.2k 1010 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 63 Suppressing diffs for deleted files in git
- 48 What are the disadvantages of test-first programming?
- 47 Why does Java not permit the use of headers as in C++
- 40 Is it "normal" for people to not work?
- 39 Why shouldn't we use words such as 'here' and 'this' in textlinks?
- 35 Quantifying the amount of change in a git diff?
- 34 How do I secure my house against intruders?
- View more network posts →