It sure seems like the moderators here don't like to follow the rules for SE and this site in particular when it comes to marking flags as valid or invalid and closing questions. At the very least, there is absolutely no consistency in their decisions.
Questions are supposed to be single questions asking for single answers. Questions are supposed to be on topic for this site and not better suited to other SE sites. Critique requests are not valid here (UX.SE rule specifically in this case).
And when a flag is marked valid, then the item being flagged should be acted upon. Off-topic questions should be closed/migrated/deleted, duplicate questions should be merged, answers that aren't answers should be deleted or turned into comments (as appropriate), etc.
Oh, and flags shouldn't be marked invalid when they are 100% valid just because the moderator "likes" the question.
So why aren't these things being followed on this site?
EDIT: Per Jeff - questions that should be addressed:
Off topic questions:
- Why is SunBurst background so popular and are there any other ones?
- What makes Silverback a usability program?
Not a real question:
- How can we design for unsophisticated computer users?
- Redesigning a My Account Page, What kind of navigation is best?
- Designing for children and young readers?
- How do I determine an appropriate UX design hourly rate for my location?
And those are just the questions that I've flagged recently that were marked as valid flags but nothing was done with the questions.